DPAC Norfolk Minutes 1st June 2015
Attendees : Mick, Marion, Anne, Andrew, Danny, David
- Mark has spoken to Clive Lewis, M.P for Norwich South, to discuss arranging a meeting with him, to take up our concerns to Parliament.
- We are still waiting to hear if a solicitor is to become a trustee of Equal Lives, so we can challenge the Government through the legal process.
- Andrew suggested challenging Government on breaches of “The Care Act”
- Some of will go to London on the 24th June (please note change of date from 17th June, due to another event taking place that day) to protest about the removal of Independent Living Fund (I.L.F)
- There is still the People’s Assembly demo against Austerity in London, on the 20th June, coaches will be laid on from Norwich, including one accessible one)
- Some of us will attend a meeting in Sheffield, hosted by Reclaiming Our Futures Alliance (R.O.F.A) on the 14th July.
- There will be a demo outside Norwich Jobcentreplus on the 15th July, 12.30-1.30pm against the continuing draconian sanctions, against Claimants.
- Marion will see if we can get some printed material from campaigning group, Fightback4justice, to advise people facing a Work Capability Assessment (WCA) with Maximus. This is due to Maximus not sending out the ESA50 form, prior to the Face to Face Assessment.
- The next meeting was scheduled to be on Monday, July 6th at The Vauxhall Centre, but this will now be cancelled, due to a funding issue (informed of this on 2nd June) so unless someone else can come up with a solution or feel we don’t need an actual meeting at present? Added note, Vince Laws has offered to try to organise a fundraiser online/Facebook for DPAC, what do you think?
Signed by Secretary, Mick Hardy
Download in word format below